Tax Information (T4A)
The T4A is an official document for tax purposes. It provides the amount of funds a student has received in scholarships, bursaries, awards and prizes from January to December in any given year.
Students can print T4A tax forms from the website. Tax data starting from the year 2009 are available on the Student Information System . If you require additional copies of the tax forms for parents and accountants you must print them from this page.
- Log in to the Student Information System with your SFU computing account
- Click "T4A Data"
- Find the tax year of interest in the search page.
- Click icon under view slip next to the year you selected.
- A printer-friendly T4A should appear in a separate window. Follow the instruction below for setup to print the form.
NOTE: WindowsXP Service Pack 2 has an automatic popup blocker, so you have to “allow popups temporarily.”
- If you receive a "You are not authorized message” when you try to access your T4A, it is because the tax information is currently being updated. Please try again in a couple of days.
- For the purpose of printing tax forms, Computing IDs do not expire.
- If you require additional copies of the tax forms for parents and accountants you must print them from this page.
- Forgot your password? Call 778-782-3230 or email email@example.com
- Alumni – Log in with your alumni forwarding address http://www.sfu.ca/alumni/emailforwarding
- Alumni who have forgotten their password can ask to be reset by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Not a current student, not alumni? You may request to have your T4A(s) mailed to you. Include your full name, SFU student ID number, years you require T4A, and a mailing address in your request emailed to email@example.com. Please allow at least a 7 day turnaround for requests received via e-mail.
Having trouble getting your T4A?
Possible fixes to try first:
- if you've logged in, viewed your form but can't print, the computer you're using may be behind a firewall for security, so try a different computer in a different location
- if you can log in but can't see the T4A information, quit your browser, reopen it and clear your cache, then try logging in to SIS again
If you receive an error message, please email a screenshot of the message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact us if none of those solutions has worked, by email at email@example.com
Please call the helpline at 778.782.6930 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
No. Due to the non-confidential nature of email and the associated difficulty of verifying the identity of the email sender, under no circumstances will SFU disclose this information to anyone through email.
We will only disclose a student's tax information to another individual provided that we receive written/faxed authorization from the student authorizing the release of their tax information to that individual. Under no circumstances will any information about the student be released to another individual without first receiving this authorization.
If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, download the software by clicking on the "get Adobe Reader" icon.
SFU is required to report this information to all students to enable them to complete their Canadian income tax returns.
As a resident of Canada you are required to file a Canadian income tax return. Your employer issues a T4 for salaries or wages you have earned while in Canada. The University issues a T4A for scholarships, bursaries or other monetary awards you received during the calendar year.
Where can I get more information on the T4A?
Canada Revenue Agency website: